Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

As you are by now well aware, postings have been pretty infrequent here at the hive. The reason, quite frankly, is that on a day-to-day basis, life is about as milquetoast as things can get. Janie's blog over at the Hite House covers most of our daily happenings, and tracks the exponential development of our daughter, Madeline.

But I did want to take a moment and recognize Memorial Day. In the well-put words of General Logan:

"Let no vandalism of avarice or neglect, no ravages of time testify to the present or to the coming generations that we have forgotten as a people the cost of a free and undivided public."
- General Logan, May 5, 1868.

I think that says it pretty well. Happy Memorial Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, is this thing going to be bi-weekly in nature? Just let me know now, so I don't waste any more of my time checking it more often than that.

Signed - Your partner in crime, and infrequent blogging.

Janie said...

Excellent quote

I love you B

Janie said...

I miss you!